1) Co-edited with Bernard Susser, Comparative Jewish Politics: Public Life in Israel and the Diaspora (Ramat Gan: Bar-Ilan University Press, 1981).
2A) Stiff-Necked People, Bottle-Necked System: The Evolution and Roots of Israeli Public Protest, 1949-1986 (Bloomington, IN: Indiana University Press, 1990).
2B) Israeli Public Protest, 1949-1992 [Hebrew; revised, with an additional new chapter] (Ramat Gan: Bar-Ilan University Press, 1992).
3) WILDFIRE: Grassroots Revolts in Israel in the Post-Socialist Era (Albany, NY: SUNY Press, 1992).
8) “Religious Protest and Police Reaction in a Theo-Democracy: Israel, 1950-1979,” The Journal of Church and State, vol. 25, #3 (Autumn 1983), pp. 491-505. Co-authored with Giora Goldberg (equal credit). Reprinted (in Hebrew) in Crime and Social Deviance [Hebrew], vol. 12 (1984), pp. 23-31.
9) “The Economic and Political Determinants of Public Protest Frequency and Magnitude: The Israeli Experience,” International Review of Modern Sociology, vol. 15 (Spring 1985), pp. 63-80. Co-authored with Meir Unger.
10) “The Reactions of the Authorities to Israeli Public Protest” [Hebrew], Megamot [Trends], vol. 29, #2 (Aug. 1985), pp. 223-229. Co-authored with Giora Goldberg.
15) “Expanding the Extra-Parliamentary Repertoire: Public Attitudes to Alternative Systems and the Use of Them” [Hebrew], Medinah, Memshal, Ve’yakhasim Bein-le’umiyyim, Number 39 (Summer 1994), pp. 31-60. (Co-authored with Gila Kurtz)
18) “Conflict as Communication: Public Protest in Israel, 1950-1982,” in Conflict and Consensus in Jewish Politics, eds. Stuart Cohen & Eliezer Don-Yehiya (Ramat Gan: Bar-Ilan University Press, 1986), pp. 128-145.
20) “Social Cleavages in Israeli Society in the Twenty-First Century and their Effects on Police Work” [Hebrew], Policing Israel in the Twenty-First Century, vol. 1 (Jerusalem: Jerusalem Center for Israeli Affairs, 1997), pp. 89-113.
22) “The Paradox of Israeli Civil Disobedience and Political Revolt in Light of the Jewish Tradition,” Liberal Democracy and the Limits of Tolerance, R. Cohen-Almagor, ed. (Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 2000), pp. 114-132.